Grants will partner with nonprofits and public entities to help entrepreneurs and small businesses who have been impacted by COVID, civil unrest and other challenges over the past two years.
The purpose of this grant is to support the start-up, growth, and success of Minnesota’s entrepreneurs and small business owners through the delivery of high quality free or low-cost professional business development and technical assistance services.
The successful implementation of these grant funded projects will help facilitate an economic environment that produces job growth and supports the economic success of Minnesota individuals, businesses, and communities by providing opportunities for growth. Over half this funding is being directed towards organizations and projects that will focus almost exclusively on Black, Indigenous and People of Color (BIPOC) business owners and entrepreneurs.
Congratulations to these six Saint Paul-based recipients of the grants:
- African Economic Development Solutions, Saint Paul, $198,000
- Asian Economic Development Association, Saint Paul, $348,000
- Hmong American Partnerships, Saint Paul, $300,000
- Latino Economic Development Center, Saint Paul, $600,000
- Lunar Inc, Saint Paul, $120,000
- Springboard for the Arts, Saint Paul, $112,047
Find the full list of recipients at News / Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development.